When you are pro-war even the abortion doctors call you "baby-killer."

2004-06-30

My Computer may be dying...

My computer has REALLY been acting funny lately. I am not sure what it is, but it started to randomly lockup hard while doing mundane tasks.

I am suspecting my lovely after market Seagate ATA/66-cum-33 BASHDPOC (bait-and-switch hard drive piece of crap), which runs significantly slower than my OEM drive. This drive is now MASTER after I swapped MASTER/SLAVE drive slots and ribbon cables in the CPU one day for the helluvit (I am a certified Mac technician, I could explain but you wouldn't understand).

I am not KPing (Kernel Panicking), its just DOA requiring a manual hardware reset (I could explain but you wouldn't understand).

This just started happening not too long ago, not sure which OS patch/update may have done it. The drive checks out okay with my utilities so I dunno.

I seem to hit this problem with a lot of VM pageins after a su'ing to my wife's account with FUS (I could explain but you wouldn't understand). So it must be the HD as this *just* started happening sometime after any major system update/patch.

I guess.

I dunno. I don't have a SMART hard disk so if its about to crap out I am SOL! I better backup to my iPod it looks like and go back to my OEM disk (I could explain but you wouldn't understand). Hmmph.