When you are pro-war even the abortion doctors call you "baby-killer."

2004-05-27

Have you ever Not Felt, anything?

I don't feel like anything today. I don't feel like watching TV, reading website's (blogs, news, geek stuff). I don't feel like working on New Ideas or anything that could potentially make me money (but hasn't, which may be more reason not to do it).

I just don't want to do anything today. Maybe its the weather, threatening rain and never delivering. Not that a pounding thunderous storm that may kill the power is desirable, but at least it would be a distraction.

I don't know what the source of this malaises (I love that word) is at this juncture.

We did have some heavy-duty Grown Up stuff to deal with this week. And ever more coming in the months ahead. Our oldest daughter is now out of school (1st grade) and our second will join the corps this fall with the Kindergarten rank and file. That's actually a relief, not a source of unbearable weight pressing down.

Both kids in school, leaving us both free to seek full-time gainful employment for the first time in nearly 8 years! Our Grown Up stuff is quickly wrapping up leaving us in healthy financial shape for the first time in, again, 8 years.

We are talking about getting a house, a real home, for the first time. I may even get the first new never-been-owned vehicle of my life.

So why do I feel this way?