When you are pro-war even the abortion doctors call you "baby-killer."

2004-03-20

I am a programmar, prgogrammer, programer... I write code

Actually if you don't set ANY sound preference as the javascript/webpage is made there won't be a sound, but if you explicitly select NO! for a sound preference you won't EVER get a sound.

The javascript checks for a cookie and if not found there is no sound, or if there is a cookie and it has the NO! value then there is no sound.

I don't think I will change this as the sound files are kinda large and they are on my real web server, which does have boffo bandwidth allotments but still takes away from it for this stupid blog.

I don't care if you use the javascript stuff in your own blog/web page. Its all right there in the HTML. Took me 5 minutes to right and 15 to bug fix (typical dev cycle) because of the stupid interpretations of javascript in different web browsers. It all worked just fine in IE, but choked Safari requiring numerous changes until it suddenly worked perfectly. Go figure.

I don't even know if it works in Windoze! Hah! Oh well. I just thought I'd point all this out since I have nothing else to talk about today.