When you are pro-war even the abortion doctors call you "baby-killer."

2003-12-19

Not Another Movie Recommendation

I generally don't do movie recommendations because watching and liking movies is a very personal thing. Someone may not like 28 days later and you thought it was the best movie ever. Someone may not like The English Patient and you might think it's a mirror of your life (sure, right). However I am pointing out these movies because you may not have come across them before.

If you like coming of age, introspective "who am I" movies (like Ferris Bueller's Day of) then find SLC Punk! and watch it (features Annabeth Gish, Reyes from the X-Files). It's on Amazon, but they leave the ! off for some reason. I saw it on IFC a long time ago several times and I loved it, but my wife was quote "bored" watching just a little portion of it.

I also recommend Happy Accidents for anyone who liked Serendipity.

I also recommend Not Another Teen Movie if you were perhaps turned off the teen-movie-satire genre by Scary Movie et al. It's much better and not as over-the-top-so-as-to-be-not-funny as Scary Movie(s).