When you are pro-war even the abortion doctors call you "baby-killer."

2003-12-29

Know wha I hate?

I hate people who take vacations from web sites that consist largely of reposting other people's content. Content that literally falls into their laps and they copy/paste into a text editor or web-based publishing system.

WTF? How lazy are you that you need a break from this?

I never understood people who disconnect from the industry that is their primary source of income and is a hobby and provides entertainment. When I was briefly talking to a like-minded individual we both agreed being unplugged is anathema to our continued existence. Driving cross country (1,900 miles) in two days was rough not only physically but psychologically. I had no idea what was going on!

Even with near total radio coverage as I drove (except a slight dead spot in west Texas) I had access to realtime information. And yet I had no idea that French airliners were grounded due to terrorist plots that may or may not have been unfolding. With access to the Internet I can instantly get information, analysis and commentary on just about any topic in realtime. Okay so maybe modern radio is just plain awful. The South has not truly embraced Talk Radio yet, it would appear. I did get to hear Savage Nation (with a fill-in host that cut people off even faster than Rush Limbaugh) and Neil Boortz so it wasn't a total loss.

Basically if you aren't out of the country or actually visiting family somewhere why not just scale back your reposting of other's content? Or get a holiday temp staff? I am home all day with hardly anything new to read people! I might as well be at work all day since there's nothing to do!